SOLTAMOX is a prescription medicine used:
- to treat adults with estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body (metastatic)
- to treat adults with early stage estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer after surgery and radiation for breast cancer
- to reduce the chance of developing breast cancer in the other breast in adults after surgery and radiation for breast cancer
- to reduce the risk of invasive breast cancer in adult women with DCIS, after breast surgery and radiation treatment
- to reduce the risk of getting breast cancer in women with a high risk of getting breast cancer
It is not known if SOLTAMOX is safe and effective in children.